Robert B. Daugherty Foundation Board of Trustees meets periodically throughout the year. There are no deadlines for grant submissions. Please review the following grant guidelines carefully before starting the application process. The Foundation may defer consideration of incomplete grant requests. All grant requests must be submitted through the online application. Robert B. Daugherty Foundation transitioned to a new Foundation Grantmaking System in June 2020. If you have previously applied for a grant but have not received a registration email, please contact us at email@example.com.
GRANT GUIDELINES & PROCEDURES
Grants are only made to organizations that are tax-exempt under §501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, and federal and state entities described in §170(c) of the Internal Revenue Code; however, grantees which are tax supported will generally be subject to matching requirements. Grants are made to organizations that primarily serve the greater Omaha area or the State of Nebraska. The Foundation will make its grants in the following forms as appropriate for the project proposed and the project timeline. Applicants should be specific about the form of grant requested.
- One-time grants, which are single-year grants for a specific purpose;
- Multi-year grants, which are commitments for funding to be paid in increments over a period no longer than three years;
- Start-up program grants;
- Capital campaigns; and
- Challenge or matching grants. Grant proposals that have matching funds available are given preference over proposals without matching funds.
The Foundation generally will not make the following types of grants:
- Grants to individuals for any purpose;
- Grants to religious organizations for religious purposes;
- Grants to international organizations that do not have a qualified domestic 501(c)(3) representative;
- Grants to private foundations (other than operating foundations);
- Grants to endowments or other discretionary funding pools;
- Grants for dinners, galas, or other events; and
- Grants prohibited by IRS regulations.
Grant Application Procedures
Applicants are requested to review the above grant guidelines to determine that your organization and need is eligible for consideration of a grant. The Foundation only accepts requests for funding through our online application process.
To assist in determining grant eligibility, applicants need to submit a completed Grant Application through the online application process. This application includes sections for a comprehensive summary of the organization and a narrative description of the proposed project for which funding is being requested. We encourage you to review the following information prior to beginning the Grant Application process:
The Foundation will respond via e-mail to the submitting organization confirming receipt of the Grant Application. The Foundation will notify you via e-mail if additional information is required for your grant application package.
Frequency of Application
Applicants may submit one grant application per calendar year, whether successful in receiving a grant or not.
All recipients of grants from the Foundation will be required to execute a Grant Agreement with the Foundation. The Grant Agreement will specifically contain a requirement for a subsequent certified statement that the funds received from the Foundation have been used for the purposes set forth in the Grant Application.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO APPLY
All grant applications must be submitted through the online application system.
The below documents are intended to provide an overview of all potential information and documents needed to complete a grant application. Please begin an application through the online process to identify information needed pertaining to a specific grant request. You will be required to upload or attach documents to your application. These documents must already be saved on your computer before you can browse and upload them to your application. Documents that are requested can be in Word, Excel or PDF format.
TIPS FOR APPLYING ONLINE
- Before you begin, you may find it helpful to review What You Will Need to Apply in order to aid you in gathering your information prior to entering it online.
- If you have not already registered for a grantee portal account, you will need to create an account prior to submitting a grant application. To create an account, select the application in the Apply section below you wish to complete and you will be taken to a login screen. Select “Create an Account” to access the application. You will then use these credentials to access and submit the application. If your organization has previously applied for a grant from Robert B. Daugherty Foundation but you have not yet registered as a user of the grantee portal, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You will be required to upload or attach documents to your application. These documents must already be saved on your computer before you can browse and upload them to your application. Documents that are requested can be in Word, Excel or PDF format.
- Verify that the information is correct. Once your application has been submitted, you will not have an opportunity to make changes or include attachments.
FAQ FOR APPLICANTS
How do I know if my organization is eligible to apply?
- Have a tax-exempt status under section 501(c)3 of the Internal Revenue Code and must be in good standing with the Internal Revenue Service or be a government entity described in section 170(c) of the Internal Revenue Code
- Primarily serve the greater Omaha area or the State of Nebraska. Foundation gives preference to organizations which will use and apply substantially all of the charitable grant in the State of Nebraska and particularly in the greater Omaha area.
- Have not submitted a grant request in the current calendar year (Jan-Dec)
What does Robert B. Daugherty Foundation NOT fund?
- Grants to individuals for any purpose
- Grants to religious organizations for religious purposes
- Grants to international organizations that do not have a qualified domestic 501(c)3 representative
- Grants to private foundations (other than operating foundations)
- Grants to endowments or other discretionary funding pools
- Grants for dinners, galas, or other events; and
- Grants prohibited by IRS regulations
How does my organization apply for a grant?
Are there deadlines for applying for a grant?
How do I create an account and what can I do with it?
To create an account, you will need to begin a grant application (see Apply for Funding below). When you select an application type, you will be directed to the grantee protal where you can create a new grantee portal account. If your organization has previously applied for funding and you have not received a registration email, please contact us at email@example.com.
The grantee portal will allow you to:
- Access saved, but not yet submitted applications
- Submit saved applications
- View copies and dates of submitted applications
- Access and submit grant requirements
How do I access an application for funding that I have saved, but have not yet submitted?
I forgot the password I created when I saved my application. How can I find it?
What information is required on a Grant Application?
How will Robert B. Daugherty Foundation communicate with me regarding my application?
How can I be assured that my online application was received?
Who do I contact if I do not receive an e-mail confirmation that my online application has been received?
When will I receive a response to my online application?
APPLY FOR FUNDING
Before applying for funding, we expect you have read and understand the Grant Guidelines & Procedures above. We value your time and this information will help you determine if your organization qualifies for funding. If your organization and program/project meets our criteria, you may submit a Grant Application. Please review the information What You Will Need to Apply above, as this will help you prepare to complete the Grant Application.
If you have previously applied for funding to Robert B. Daugherty Foundation and have not received a link to register for the new grantee portal, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to establish an account before starting an application. If this is your first time applying, you will be prompted to create an account when starting a new application.
Please select the appropriate application type: